A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
Catmouth Island is a low-poly point and click :3D adventure game based on the old adventure games from the 90's. :3
It's simple: You point and click where you want the character to go, and the same goes for all kinds of interactions. You can choose between two zoom-levels and rotate the camera to get a better view of things.
You play as Mya, a 19 year old student who also has a thing for solving puzzles, and must guide her across the three islands that collectively form the Catface Islands (Catmouth Island being the biggest). Meet and interact with the local population, trek in the mountains and go to the beach; all in the search for that next quest object to complete. :3
Key features of the game
- Over 60 NPCs to talk to, ranging from human to non-human, and around 2000 lines of dialogue.
- Unique location based theme music.
- The feeling of playing an oldskool adventure game but with a different graphical twist.
- Nintendo 64-style low-poly models combined with today's technology. Every human NPC has a polygon budget of less than 300.
- Two classes of NPCs: Relevant and irrelevant, with a lot of things to say.
- Relevant NPCs can have long dialogue trees.
- Episodic progression. Each episode will advance the game and the story through its characters and surroundings.
- Just like the old adventure games you can take, use, combine, give and receive items to complete puzzles.
- Explore the whole island group from the start. Everywhere is accessible at any time (with the exception of Guinea Peak).
- Use the overlay map teleport function to quickly move from area to area in case you are impatient, but will only work with areas you have already visited.
- A bit more logical puzzle system that addresses the shortcomings of previous adventure games.
- Horizontal camera rotation to look around the surroundings.
- A zoom-in function to study things up close.
- A highlight-function to help you show what you can click.
- A scrapbook with a task list that you can refer to if you don't know what to do in case you should get stuck or return to the game at a later time.
The game's requirements are quite low since it is a retro-type game, but we will advice people to at least have a semi-decent CPU and a few megabytes to spare of RAM and some video memory. The game is only about 50 MB compressed but a bit over 110 MB uncompressed for the Windows version.
Regarding versions, if you don't know which version to play, use the 32-bit version. If you know what you are doing, use the 64-bit version of the game.
This game has been tested on Windows 7, Windows 8, Mountain >:3 and Gentoo Linux.
If you require help or want to give us feedback or anything else, please contact us by any means, and we will see what we can do. You can contact Quakeulf by e-mail.
We hope you will enjoy the game. :3
The game was patched on the 14th of July 2014 to fix some minor spelling errors. Please download the fix if you already have the game. :3c
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $1.00 USD. You will get access to the following files: