How to control with a PAD
- Left stick for yaw and pitch
- Right stick for roll and throttle
- D-pad for camera rotation
- RB to reset camera rotation
- LB activates fire extinguisher
- Left Stick Button toggles stabiliser
- Y to start/stop engines
- X toggles fixed hover height
- B to change camera
- A toggles camera uptilt
- Select to toggle control mode
- Start to reset
There are currently 4 control modes that change the directional input for the left and right analogue joysticks. The written settings are for "FPS 1".
How to control with your MOUSE and KEYBOARD
- W & S controls pitch
- A & D controls yaw
- Q, E, left & right arrows controls roll
- R to start/stop engines
- Space & up arrow thrusts up
- Left shift & down arrow thrusts down
- Control activates fire extinguisher
- Mouse rotates camera
- TAB changes camera
- C resets camera
- F toggles camera uptilt
- B toggles the battery
- H toggles fixed hover height
- X toggles acrobatics mode
- U toggles the HUD
- O toggles draw distance based on framerate
- P toggles the possibility of O
- L toggles debug screen
- Backspace resets
How to get the drone in the air
- Check that the drone has battery by switching camera from outside to FPV by clicking either B on the pad or TAB on the keyboard.
- Activate the engines by pushing either Y on the pad or R on the keyboard.
- To take off push the throttle-stick upwards or press up arrow or space on the keyboard.
- Release directions once desired height has been reached.
- You are now flying. If not, let me know in the comments below.
This is attempting to be the most accurate real-time 3D drone simulator in existence using Unity 3D version 5.5. It is going to be used to showcase the modular utility drone and its platform with as much functionality as possible to reflect their potential real-life usage. The deadline for a decent presentation is the 1st of December 2016.
This is WIP in progress work and just meant to test. It's in constant development too. Physics and handling need to be tweaked and more functionality needs to be added.
Right now you can only fly around and test the FIRE EXTINGUISHER to see if you can extinguish the randomly placed (up to) twenty red-hot balls (no flying into them any more).
The filesize is around 68 megabytes now! Sorry~! (This is because a lot of textures are being used.)
P.S. Thanks for all the feedback! I have implemented all the changes requested now. If you have more requests, let me know.
P.P.S. This game might be getting the VR-treatment thanks to Youblob. :'3
Known bugs and issues:
- Experimental performance script is in place to try to keep a stable 60 fps.
- The fire extinguisher spray is a bit simple.
- Jittering has caused HUD-movement to be disabled for now.
- Random weird 1 frame glitches where the screen seems to turn around and objects get twisted and misplaced.
- The flight HUD directional floaters are a bit inaccurate.
- Drone control handling is a tiny bit inaccurate.
- Filesize is getting out of hand right now, but will be lowered.
- The sun appears when it feels like it.
- Static object hitboxen are inaccurate and wonky.
- The spinning propellers don't accurately reflect thrust.